Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Chocolate Sun: Part Deuce



I said I'd keep you posted on the fake tan so...here's what went down.

A super friendly gal greeted me at the little studio - "Amy!" (such enthusiasm when you're a potential promoter) - and after I signed a waiver (always reassuring) I was ushered to the back room.

The sprayer told me to keep my underwear on so I could see the results afterwards. So I had to get a tan line? Interesting. But I did have to strip off my bra, which was a little awk. Taking off my glasses helped somewhat. If I couldn't see myself, she couldn't either, right? Right.

Next, she turned on this crazy machine that looked/sounded like an industrial vacuum. She held the tiny bottle attached, filled with a brown - all organic! - solution and I began the strange little dance they teach. I put my hands over my head, or hung them like a scarecrow, or out like a zombie, and she methodically sprayed me. It was cold and sticky and smelled nothing like chocolate, but it moved pretty quickly. After she went twice over my bod (and face - ew) she "detailed" me, rubbing off the smudges and cleaning out my ears (double ew) with some wet papertowels and Qtips. Um.

Left alone for a final drying session, I couldn't help but sneak a glimpse at the new me. Yow. My eyes popped and my teeth were CHING! A tad much, but I wasn't worried; the color I saw was bronzer - the chemicals (or non-chemicals) that would dye my skin are clear and take about 10 hours to develop.

I wasn't sure how people would react, but apparently it looks realistic, because no one screamed and/or ran away and I actually got a couple compliments. Sitting in my office chair with the gummy bronzer sticking up my legs sucked, though, and I pretty much daydreamed about taking a shower all day. When the requisite 10 hours had passed, I gladly hopped in and scrubbed down. The whole thing was very Janet Leigh in Psycho, but I was just happy to get it off. I got out with my tan looking subtler, but still very much intact. Magic!

All in all, I'm pretty happy. I don't look like an Oompa Loompa, I got to try something new (and free) and I can't stop looking at my legs. If I ever get my hands on some disposable income, I just may swing by again.

5 comments:

  1. I think the fake tans look pretty hawt...good for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish you had gotten a tan like the one in the pic... just on one side of your body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like tan M&M's. Are those organic chocolate tans?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Davis is made it by their spouse, Hazel, and boy, Mark, who Davis said cheap jerseys might run the team following his death. Davis was charming, cantankerous cheap Jersey and wholesale nfl jerseys compassionate -- a man who when his spouse a wholesale nfl Jersey break down severe cheap nfl jerseys heart attack cheap nfl Jersey within the 1970s nfl jerseys relocated in to the woman's nfl Jersey medical center space. But he had been Replica nfl jerseys best known like a Replica nfl Jersey rebel, a guy who established nfl football jerseys a team in whose gold nfl football Jersey and black colours nfl football jerseys for sale and sailing logo symbolized their attitude toward authority, each on nfl football Jersey for sale the field and off. Before nhl Jersey decrease of the Raiders nhl jerseys in to perennial losers in the first nhl hockey jerseys decade of the Twenty-first nhl hockey Jersey century, Davis was a hockey jerseys champion, the person who as a hockey Jersey coach, then owner general Replica nhl jerseys manager-de facto coach, set up exactly Replica nhl Jersey what he or she known as "the group cheap nhl jerseys from the decades" according to an additional cheap nhl Jersey motto: "Commitment in order to Quality

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the Raiders cheap nhl hockey jerseys were excellent, winning 3 Super Bowls cheap nhl hockey Jersey during the 1970s as well as Eighties and contending every cheap hockey jerseys other season -- a business filled with cheap hockey Jersey castoffs and troublemakers who turned mlb jerseys into difficulty with mlb Jersey regard to opponents. He was a soccer mlb baseball jerseys guy -- his entire life was round the mlb baseball Jersey sport he or she cherished baseball jerseys,Inch stated Tennessee Titans baseball Jersey owner Bud Adams, an original AFL cheap mlb jerseys owner of the Houston Oilers cheap mlb Jersey. "He labored their in place through the cheap mlb baseball jerseys rates and had an understanding of stages of the sport cheap mlb baseball Jersey. That have assisted him being an cheap baseball jerseys proprietor. He was not the same as every other cheap baseball Jersey proprietor by doing so. As an AFL Replica mlb jerseys guy, he or she is at that group that pressed our category Replica mlb Jersey forward. I did not see him or her over the last couple of years, and I know many, such as wholesale mlb baseball jerseys myself, will miss him.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.