Thursday, August 10, 2006

Jessica Simpson = Career Woman


I am wary of all clothes created by celebrities. You have to wonder what - if any - creative input they have to the whole process. I remember reading an interview with Mandy Moore, who has her own t-shirt line MBlem. When asked how much she contributes to the designs she responded with: "How much do you think? They're t-shirts." Ever since, I tend to turn a skeptical eye to the whole thing.

This is why I feel especially sad when I see Jessica Simpson whoring out her bags and shoes and such. Nobody wants these things. Have you ever, in your life, seen someone wearing Jessica Simpson jeans? I didn't think so. I wouldn't know a pair if they hit me in the face. This is clearly Joe Simpson's desperate attempt to turn Jess into the Nicky Hilton of the Simpson pair - a fashion designer! a career woman! - letting Ashlee take the throne as the Paris. How did Jessica turn into the ugly, unfortunate one? One, quick swipe of the scalpel and her dreams were dashed.

1 comment:

  1. As I recall, Jess' own jeans label dropped her a while back, complaining that she refused to wear her own stuff in public, and because she responded to some Cosmo Q&A that True Religion was her favorite jeans brand.

    I wonder where they are selling her other stuff, Target maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.