Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sniff Sniff




I don't know how I got talked into this, but I tried Zicam today. If you haven't heard, it's a gel you pump up your nose (yum!) and it "actually shortens the cold!" We shall see.

Putting things up my nose is actually my worst nightmare. I'm not exactly sure where the fear is rooted, but it started at an early age. Recently, we found a list I made in kindergarten: "Thgs Tht R Bd: Mnstrs + Drgs" (I didn't really dig the verb yet). At D.A.R.E. in 5th grade, while everyone else laughed themselves to tears at the fake drug videos, I'd ask to eat my snack in the other room so I wouldn't throw up.

Peeps at the magazine can't say enough about this stuff and I actually have a friend from high school who shot a Zicam testimonial commercial, so I figured I could give it a whirl. Apparently, it's just zinc in a creepy goo that gets absorbed into the nasal membranes. Or something. Either way, there isn't any snorting involved - just a little squeeze - so that's how I got myself to do it. But don't think I'm not freaking out right now, because I am. The inside of my nose feels tingly and those old movies are flashing before my eyes (especially the one where the kid dies at the dinner table after snorting coke). I think I need to lie down. Sniff.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren10:31 PM

    Oh my gosh! Your blog is fabulous and you are a fabulous writer! So entertaining! If your nose is still stuffed up, Zicam has an actual Nasal Decongestant(no sniffing, just pumping) that works miracles. feel Better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goog, Nice Photo, Welome To My NFL Jerseys Online Shop! The colts' Cheap Jerseys decision on Monday night, the Cheap NFL Jerseys game against pirates, let Curtis-Painter, (Curtis Painter) will be the first time for the colts' NFL Jerseys starting at the beginning of the NFL Jersey season, the introduction of kerry Collins Cheap NFL Jersey injury-last week after striking out, there is still a concussion symptoms, not be fit for NFL Football Jerseys Monday night race.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.