Sunday, September 10, 2006

Glazed Over




As I think I mentioned before, I dyed my hair dark brown last week. My hair - I think? - is naturally a medium brown color, but no one really knows anymore. Either way, this is a nice change from all the overgrown, overdone highlights I had before. I stalked the drugstore aisles and considered just doing the color myself, but stopped when I had visions of my eighth-grade self and the semi-permanent stains I left all over my hands, forehead, and bathtub. Nevermind.

I ended up finding a supercute place in Venice Beach (which I'm now realizing is a hike from the new digs) where my stylist chatted away to me about the East Coast and kept me in a constant supply of Cokes (not Diet). Here was someone who finally listened to me, looked at my picture (Maggie Gyllenhaal - swoon), and did what I wanted. She told me to come back in two months, handed me another Coke, and sent me on my way. As happy as I was, though, my cheapskate mind got to thinking. Two months? One of the reasons I went to an overall color was to avoid the constant touch-ups highlights demand.

Enter my new product find to the rescue: Luminous Color Glaze by John Frieda. Created for natural or colored brunettes (they've got a red and blonde version, too) this stuff kicks up the color you already have, while slowly depositing more. It's like the Natural Glow of hair care. You apply it in the shower after shampooing, and although it's a tad smelly and a little messy, it's a breeze compared to all those gloves and scary tubes from a box and a lot cheaper than the salon. You're supposed to use it every wash to maintain the color and shine, (and softness - your hair is like butta afterwards), but I'm still experimenting with that. For now, I'm just happy to have found a product that will keep my color looking fresh, carrying me to that four month mark before I have to return to Venice.

2 comments:

  1. christie1:06 PM

    Ooh, I would love to same some cash-ola. I wonder how the blonde one works?? Maybe I'll have to try it out. Although, I just got my highlights done, so I'm a little nervous to do anything to screw them up. Decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goog, Nice Photo, Welome To My NFL Jerseys Online Shop! The colts' Cheap Jerseys decision on Monday night, the Cheap NFL Jerseys game against pirates, let Curtis-Painter, (Curtis Painter) will be the first time for the colts' NFL Jerseys starting at the beginning of the NFL Jersey season, the introduction of kerry Collins Cheap NFL Jersey injury-last week after striking out, there is still a concussion symptoms, not be fit for NFL Football Jerseys Monday night race.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.