Sunday, October 12, 2008

the reason i don't understand rocks

as part of her wedding gift to me, my friend stephanie gave me back a box of the old notes i wrote her in high school. we had a very (very) prolific note-writing career, we did, and aside from the occasional spasm of humiliation, i'm really enjoying some of the gems i crafted. here is a taste of my favorites:

do you ever actually study for math? i never have in my life.

why must every teacher in this school have a picture of einstein hanging up? please.

i can't wait to wander the halls this afternoon.

the girls were getting all excited and everyone was like "yeah! we should try and get the groton school field and have a soccer scrimmage at the party!!! omigod what a good idea yeah!!" i was like hello this is a party. you're supposed to eat and sit down.

when a teacher says "your homework tonight is studying" i say to myself 'great! i have no homework!'

i'm frightened that my TI-82 will get stolen.

these pants have a lot of stains on them and i just want to read my mary higgins clark book.

i am very proud: today i did my spanish homework and - surprise! - even my geology. it's been about a month, maybe two, so i figured maybe i should start?

my mind is gone, have to go find it.

2 comments:

  1. geology? really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haahh i'm glad you got them. there were some real gems in there...I was pretty amazed that we were that funny! I was cracking up.

    Did you also see the one that was like, 'I'm sure I'm going to marry someone named Jason and you Adam.' love it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.