Friday, July 17, 2009

I ate lasagna for breakfast

Because I could and because I woke up at 3 AM thinking about ricotta. It was a very long five hours till breakfast.

And in full disclosure, I also bought a bagel with cream cheese while walking from car to work, because if more than two hours pass between feedings...are you familiar with that dramatic fake puking sound people make when they don't like something? I make that sound for real, just kinda hanging out at my desk.

I just wrapped up two really bad sick days. I'd been feeling semi-cocky, like I was mostly done with all this heaving nonsense by 9.5 weeks, but sweet Jeebs I was wrong. Lucky for Clay, he was in LA Wednesday night, while I writhed on the couch and shook my fist at the pot belly.

But I have high hopes for today.

Stop laughing!

In other news, I saw this old episode of CSI: Vegas (the only CSI, if you know what's good for you) about this crazy pregnant lady on a shooting spree. At one point, they zoom in on Warrick's (R.I.P.) face, who says, completely deadpan:

"A pregnant lady with a gun?! GET THAT WOMAN OFF THE STREETS."

That pretty much plays in a constant loop in my head -- just swap out "gun" for "car" and he really nailed it.

4 comments:

  1. I can't be pregnant because I abhor throwing up. No ma'am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sing Sing2:37 PM

    Shut your eyes and think of somewhere
    Somewhere cold and caked in snow
    By the fire we break the quiet
    Learn to wear each other well

    And when the worrying starts to hurt
    and the world feels like graves of dirt
    Just close your eyes until
    you can imagine this place, yeah, our secret space at will

    Shut your eyes, I spin the big chair
    And you'll feel dizzy, light, and free
    And falling gently on the cushion
    You can come and sing to me

    And when the worrying starts to hurt
    and the world feels like graves of dirt
    Just close your eyes until
    you can imagine this place, yeah, our secret space at will

    (Shut your eyes [x4])

    Shut your eyes and sing to me (Shut your eyes and sing to me) [x4]

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( My first 12 weeks I never went anywhere without saltines and ginger candies. Seriously. I took them to bed with me. It goes away, promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part of me wants to be pregnant constantly only for the fact that I have odd eating habits and finally, FINALLY it will be acceptable.

    "Yes, I understand it's 6am, but why aren't your fish 'n chips available?"

    I hope your insides are kind to you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.