Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I had a dream last night

That my brother and I - current ages - decided to put on a play in my Mom's bedroom, and invite many people. We both played witches and planned on singing songs about bags. We both bombed, people left in a huff, and then I woke up.

In other news, I wanted to say a few things I am grateful for in this pregnancy (obvs aside from the facts that we conceived easily, have had no scary scares, and my husband rocks - I am grateful for those everyday) since most of the time I complain about my queasies.

1. My skin has not rebelled. It looks exactly the same as it did pre-bean. I have no idea how, since everything else has been wildly affected by my wild hormones. But I'm not asking questions, people. I'm just saying thank you.

2. For the past 5 years, I've had this mysterious insane leg/hip problem that caused me lots and lots of pain and moaning and Advil. For some completely unknown reason, it is GONE. Like, no sign of it for the past 3.5 months. Hey, thanks, leg!

3. Full fat milk in my caffeinated beverages. Because my doctor told me I'm allowed a small cup of coffee a day, sometimes I give in. Especially if I can't close my eyes because they're hurting so much from the PAIN THE PAIN. And when I give in? I get a latte with whole milk. Because I can! Lalalala!

4. Old friends reach out and we have lovely catch-up convos.

5. It's okay to cry really hard at Felicity.

6. ELASTIC WAIST JEANS.

9 comments:

  1. i had a dream and in this dream i...

    ReplyDelete
  2. christie12:10 PM

    I have to say that elastic waist maternity pants are the best. They are perfect for lazy folk like me - no buttons, no zippers, no snaps. Just pull 'em up and you're off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still have an image of eric's face as we went thru your old preggerz clothes, emblazoned in my mind.

    a mix of pain at the memory of you in potato sacks for ~ 3 years and delight that it's all over. especially when the black t-shirt came out. I CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE BLACK T-SHIRT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i seek out elastic waist pants now and i am not preg! love em!

    (maybe shouldn't admit to this?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah my knee arthritis mysteriously went away while I was pregnant. must be nature saying, "ok honey, one bodily issue at a time."

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Clay's sake - make sure #6 has an expiration date!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. christie6:28 PM

    I'm sorry, but you WILL need the black t-shirt. (I'm sorry, I HAVE to look. Damn those Amish for being so cute).

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey i'm 8 weeks from being preg and i'm still in my maternity clothes. mainly because i'm still fat, but also because they're damn comfortable. no need to bother with zipper contraptions when a 3' elastic waistband that goes up to your armpits will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait a second... Is it not okay that I cry really hard at Felicity? And commercials... And (gulp) What Not To Wear re-runs? Dammit.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.