Sunday, August 02, 2009

Let's make a list!

Because I have a lot to update on and we all love a good listy format, don't we now?

1.) I loved my trip home. It was REAL SUMMER - barefoot on the lawn, mosquito bites, steaks on the grill, swims in Walden Pond and the Squannacook River, sticky sleepy nights, picnic tables, and driving with the windows down and my ponytail sticking to my lips.

My first full day back was a lovely surprise - the whole fam damly drove down from Maine to party down at our house. They brought cupcakes! and maternity clothes! and fudge! and wedding presents! and baby books! and babies! We grilled yums on the grill, watched the kiddos be reeediculously cute together, and tried to keep ourselves from eating Libby the Perfect Baby alive. It was great - but of course too short.

Here are a couple pictures (stolen from you, Miss Amanda!):


Meredyth, me (and my...bust), Christie, Ben, the Cutest Cupcakes on Earth.


Okay honestly? This baby, Christie's third, was made in a baby factory. Not only is she cute as a freaking button, her personality and temperament need to be cloned. So lowkey, so sweet, so...I HOPE MY TUMMY WAS PAYING ATTENTION.


My Gram, the baby I kidnapped, my chubby tum.

Okay, moving on. So that day was lovely, then Mom and I had some really great lowkey days afterward, swimming and eating and lounging and chatting. She really hucked and jived for me and it was the best thing ever, being totally pampered and lazy and fed. I could have done it for many more days, although Mom...she probably just needed a nap.

More fun was had, visiting my male family members and such, but I'm tuckered out on details, schmetails. Needless to say, I was ready to see my boo back in SF, but was still sad to leave.

2.) This past week has been back to help-me-now in terms of the baby sicks. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm not happy, yo. I thought I was slowly getting better, but lately I've been slammed with that all-day shroud of nausea. There's just so much that can be said about it because blah blah blah. But I'd just like to be honest about how hard this sickness thing is for me. It's hard. I'm upset. Moving on.

3.) Last night I had a complete breakdown when we couldn't get seats to Harry Potter. I cried in the streets. I stamped my feet. If I couldn't be with Dumbledore, I wanted to end it all. But then Clay suggested we take a walk along Crissy Field and then buy some iPhones and surprise! I felt better.

So yeah, that brings me to

4.) I know we're a little late, but we bought some looooooovely iPhones last night. We're in love. Doobie doobie doooooooooo.

5.) Time for Cheerios and gagging!

5 comments:

  1. those cupcakes look yummmmmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want a cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  3. christie1:05 PM

    We loved seeing you!

    And it looks like GAME ON for a trip to San Fran!! I'm going to come see you!!!!! Yippeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. christie1:20 PM

    And p.s. Thanks - I think little Libby is pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so adorable. I hope your tum was paying attention to Perfect Baby, but I have the feeling it's doing okay on its own too.

    Not much can be substitued for Harry Potter, but think iPhones is one.

    You look so adorable, Ams!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.