Friday, January 15, 2010

Bumpdate: 36 weeks, 2 days



At this point, I don't think there's much new to be said about my gut.

It's large, in charge, and something-something a barge.

Lately, when I talk to people (read: strangers) they boom: "ANY DAY NOW, AY?" Although not always so Canadian. And then I disappoint them - there are heavy sighs - by saying I'm still a few weeks away from my due date. Like, they want this baby born rightthen, as I'm ordering my chai and hiking up my pants.

I've got zero idea when this biscuit is making her arrival, but I'm still putting my bet on making it to February. She hasn't dropped yet and while I'm getting a few more Braxton Hicks contractions here and there, she seems pretty cozy in the tum.

Plus, I really (really) want her daddyo here for the labor/birth without an airport rush involved - and all of that will be completely avoided if we can cruise to February. So! While I know all those January people out there with secret (or not-so-secret) wishes that she come on their birthday mean well, I'mma gonna go ahead and say - don't do it, biscuit!

And c'mon. Isn't it obvious that she's an Aquarius like her mama? Cue Hair soundtrack.

8 comments:

  1. This might be my favorite pregnant Amy pic yet. Can we hang out next Sunday please? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to frame this picture. YOU NEED TO it's so perfect! It's you and little She-Cowan! Aww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZOMG YOU ARE SO CUTE.

    i agree with everyone else - frame it. my favourite bumpdate ..to date. btw, i love the weekly pictures & watching you grow along the way. it'll be such a nice thing for baby lady to see, when she's a little older. :)

    i hope she stays in until february, for your sake. i can't wait to see her though!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is my favorite pregnant amy picture, too.

    and i will pray for february! valentine's day would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this picture too!
    Hey-did you know that I wear your long black down jacket everyday. Your mom gave it to me while we were cleaning out your house!! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I say this almost every post, but I can't believe how quickly it's gone. And yes, I'd much rather have the Daddy there, free and easy, and have her make her appearance a little longer.

    So excited for you, gorgeous preggo woman!

    <3

    PS. Yes, frame it.
    PPS. Maybe print off one of each bumpdate for a scrapbook?

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks, ya'll!

    these days, i'm a lot happier when sitting and i think it shows...

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's hard to believe that i had hannah at 36 weeks 4 days. you look great :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.