Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ready

My due date's still two weeks away, but I'm finally feeling like it's really time to meet our little treat.

I've checked off all (or rather...all that I can think of) the things-to-do boxes (with lots of help), so our nest is feeling clean and cozy and cute. (Oh, bum! I owe you pics! I'll get on that. Swear.) I've got the pediatrician lined up, the car seat locked and loaded, the nursing bras en route. The tiny sweaters washed in Dreft, the bassinet sheet tucked in, diapers and burp cloths in teetering stacks. Papa Bear's landing tonight for good, we're officially into the Aquarius birthday zone (yes, I was holding out for my own astrological sign what of it), and Mom and I have been chatting labor tactics.

All that's left is...Little Miss Biscuit Bum! (That's TM'd.)

I know it sounds ridiculous, but with all the prep and the labor worries and the postpartum planning, sometimes I forget we're actually getting a B-A-B-Y out of all this. Like, a tiny pink blossom baby with fluttery eyelashes and miniature toenails and soft, buttery skin. A little bundle we get to stare at and smooch on and...keep! Bananas. Smushed up, good on cereal, amazing with peanut butter, bananas.

So.

That's all to say.

Come on out, little lady! We're ready.

3 comments:

  1. christie3:41 AM

    Come on baby biscuit!!

    Hey, did you ever get anything from Amazon from me???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did, I did!! I'm a terrible person for not telling you! I love it all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE INTERNETS ARE READY TOO, LITTLE MISS BISCUIT BUM.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.