Monday, January 18, 2010

Sharing

***Sappiness Disclaimer: As D-day approaches, I might start getting a little emo up in hurr. Lo siento!***

I've mentioned oh, four or five million times, how much our little butter ball moves. I know I moan a lot, but it is genuinely uncomfortable to have, simultaneously, two feet plowing into your right ribs, a (very cute) bum plowing into your left, and a head repeatedly pounding into your cervix. Over and over and over again.

Clay likes to rest his arm on my belly while we watch content and say,

What is she doing in there?

I can only shake my head and shrug wearily.

But the thing is, I'm really going to miss it. I'm going to miss her bundled up inside of me, safe from the crazy world, from grabby hands and sneezing grumps and pokey needles and all those unsavory "shoulds" people like to throw around. Right now, the biscuit and I are a two-person team. We share secrets, have quiet talks, and try to lull each other to sleep. We mesh without trying and I wonder how I'll deal when she's not all mine.

But then, Clay will whisper his own secret to my belly or pull my hand away when he thinks I'm being too rough with her ("she's a real person now!!") or I think of how homey his neck smells or how much he makes me giggle or how he calms me down like no one else can. And I picture them walking down the street holding hands - eating ice cream and talking about the Cowboys...or maybe princesses - and I know it's time and I'm ready to share.

10 comments:

  1. That was just the right amount of sweet!

    Love that you called her The Biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ames, that made me teary. no shame about the emo posts to come, if there are any. you're allowed!

    i'm on the fence about having kids but every time i think i've decided NOT to have any.. i remember that i'll be missing out on seeing our babies with lain and then i change my mind all over again.

    baby lady gots some great parents. lucky duckling. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. clay holding hands with little miss biscuit? hurts my heart (in a really good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh amy that was so sweet and made me so teary! because i know the feeling..... every new stage makes your heart ache because you miss what it was... but also makes your heart swell because each new stage is so amazing and surprising and FUN! this feeling never ends lady. waterworks 4 life!

    you guys are the cutest family. you are officially NEVER allowed to stop blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy C6:08 PM

    Yes, too sweet. It has been a great ride to watch you and the baby. Thanks.These next few weeks will fly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And melt. That was a perfect reflection. I'm so excited to know Ames as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:22 PM

    Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwwwwwww. That was lovely, Ames.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous, I was going to post about how touched I was... but you took the words right out of my mouth. Gratefulness you seeking your information is damn right...

    No but really - I liked this entry a lot. *cuddles it close* <3 I love the bond you have with her already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet post, I miss my little one in my belly so much, sharing is nice but there is something magical about feeling that little body dancing inside you and not having to share : ) good luck with your delivery!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.