Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We all wore silver and puffy shoulder pads

So as you can see, I've got a webcam now. Which is dangerous. I think we were all a little bit safer when all I could do was type to you. Insert evil laugh.

My family started bugging me to get one a couple months ago - so I'd be all hooked up to share the biscuit with everyone as soon as possible, but also because they wanted to throw me a - wait for it - virtual shower.

In the year 2000!

Because everyone - and I mean everyone - lives on the East Coast but us, a traditional baby shower was going to be hard to swing. I'll be having a lovely little tea party out here in a couple weeks, which is just my speed and will make things feel babylicious, but the big ol' cake-made-of-diapers, guess-the-candy-bar-poo type shower wasn't going to happen as easily.

So my family got creative and we had a virtual one instead! What does this mean exactly? Well, my Mom and cousins and aunts and Gram gathered in one location and I, uh, gathered here! And then we signed onto the Internets, they propped my little cyber head next to a crackling fire (so they tell me), and we...showered!

Let me tell you, it was all very Oprah.

There were games and presents - oh, the presents! I will feature some of them soon - and I showed my humongous belly and they had cake and I ate a scone. While being there in real life would have been ideal, obvs, it was still a lot of fun to "see" everyone in one place and have some girly times. Plus, when it was over, I was already in my PJs and could hit the couch with a cup of tea and some cuddles without driving home. And I didn't even have to wear a bra! Now, that's what technology is all about.

(Thanks a bunch, fam damly! You guys are da best. XO.)

3 comments:

  1. that is so freaking cute! what an adorable and creative idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. christie5:17 AM

    I think the best part was when the connection went all wonky and it looked like you were dancing under a strobe light and talking underwater.

    Seriously, though, we loved seeing you! And Clay! And the belly! And the presents! Yay! :) We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeaaaaaaaaa i love this! I only wish i could have been a part!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.