Monday, May 17, 2010

My favorite time of day

Never thought I'd say this -- and of course I wish she'd sleep later -- but morning is now a happy time.


Harps wakes up between us (her last shift of sleep is in our bed), smiling and cooing. We take turns sleepily smooshing her cheeks and kissing her forehead, inhaling her marshmallow scent. I slowly pull her toward me for a milky breakfast while Clay takes a shower. When she's done, I sit her on my lap and she watches her daddy get dressed. She stalks his every move -- clothes on, hair combed, shoes picked -- wide-eyed and smiling. Before he leaves for work, there are more cuddles on the bed while I fumble for my glasses and put on some sweats. There are group hugs and kisses and Clay is soon out the door, leaving his ladies to start their day.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are too cute. Babies in the morning - nothing better!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.