Wednesday, August 04, 2010

6 months.

Our best girl.

So tomorrow (or today, depending on when you click here) little Harper Junebug is six months old. Half a year. A bunch of days. It's surreal typing these words, because where did the time go? Didn't we both just celebrate our February birthdays and take rainy walks up and down San Francisco hills?

Dude. I love this baby.

Six-month-old Biscuit loves it when I sing and dance for her, hates when I leave the room (a new and, uh, interesting challenge), adores Pellegrino straight from the bottle (thanks, Clay!), lives for nakie time, no longer uses a binky, eats all foods like there's no tomorrow, is obsessed with all things technology, cuddles her baby mouse at bedtime, has the most delicious thigh rolls you've ever seen, twirls and tugs my hair while she nurses, is happiest when both mama and dada are home and smushing her like the bug she is.

I'm torn between sadness that her baby year is halfway done and excitement at everything that comes next. Sometimes (most of the time), I stare at her and just wonder at her 110% awesomeness. I want to bottle it up and use it to heal ... everything. It's that awesome, her awesomeness.

I feel real lucky I get this life.

Thanks for watching us go through this whole baby-mama-dada-lovey thing together. <3

6 comments:

  1. That look is the look of an engineer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. christie6:58 AM

    She is pure deliciousness!!! Nom nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is super delicious. And seriously where did the time go! THAT BABY WAS JUST BORN!

    Loves to you Cowans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously put you and CC and HJ on my list of Families I Aspire to Be Someday, because you seem so genuinely happy, uncliched, and lovely.

    Babies grow so quickly...I'll miss baby Harper as she grows older but can't wait to meet toddler Harper, then little girl Harper.

    AWWW AMY YOU ALMOST make me want to have one. NOT QUITE. TELL ME THE BIRTH STORY AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one serious little babe...what a look. And she is dressed in one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy half birthday, Harps!! xxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.