Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Ready to fall

Those...cheeks...are...deadly. And resistance is futile.


It's August? What? How? Mom?

It's been fantastic having a real summer for the first time in a long time. Flip flops, ice cream without accompanying scarves, evening baseball games, blowing bubbles in the shade. But for the first time...ever? I'm actually looking forward to fall. Because turns out summer is...hot. And sweaty and bright and buggy. Those things don't mix with babypantspeople, so there's a lot of indoor time. Which, hey! I'm cool with the indoors. I was made for the indoors. But we're also in this great neighborhood with a park and a library and all these things and getting around is uncomfortable. Fall will mean longer walks, maybe some mountain hikes, apple picking, bundling up instead of stripping down. It also means pumpkin everything, one of my reasons for living this life.

8 comments:

  1. Am!!! This is the cutest pic I have ever seen in my whole life I promise! : ) she is so delicious I cannot even deal : ) I will be in Colorado in the fall - I would love to swing through and see you!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, now that we're Actual Friends (er, costalkers) I can say that you have, without a doubt, the most beautiful little girl ever. As soon as my nephew stops being cute
    (maybe?) I'll go ahead and bump her up to most beautiful baby. She is edible, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it has been so hot here that it's beyond miserable :( le sigh. i can only take her "out" places if i cool down the car for like 30 minutes before we leave... it's insane.

    i LOVE this pic of you & her <3... you're both gorgeous little ladies and you look like you're feeling at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @em - def come see us! would be great to catch up after all this time :)

    @krista hey, we'll take the girl award!! ;) *curtsy* -- huzzah for stalking!

    @mz. white I CAN'T WAAAAAAAAAAIT

    @kalen yeah dude -- summerz with babies are way too hard. i'll be in alaska for my next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. christie6:58 AM

    You laydeez are sooo purdy!!
    MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS PICTURE IS KILLER!!!!!!!!!!

    FRAME IT FRAME IT FRAME IT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhmaaaahhhgaaaahhh, look at those eyes!! She is so beautiful, Amy!! A doll.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.