It's past midnight and I just got back from the hosp-ee-tal, so I'll keep this short -- but probably still confusing:
1) Thank you, from the bottom of my fatigue-riddled mind, for all your sweet comments and well wishes and get betters aimed at my dude. He's read them all and it really does help to know peeps are out there pullin for ya.
2) He's got a few more days left in the slammer. Hopefully home around Tuesdayish? Fingers crossed for earlier, of course. We'll know a lot more about what's-to-come (hopefully nothing but lying in bed with popsicles and car magazines!) in the next few days.
3) Harperbug is doing well. My lovelylovely friend Manj has helped enORmously the past few days -- taking her for 2 overnights, babysitting, etc. And my mom is flying in tomorrow to take over primary kiddo duty. Hallelujah!!! But yeah -- I tried today (to good success, methinks) to make it as "normal" of a day as possible. Weird singing/dancing shows to musicals, bath, lots of nakie time, the Barefoot Contessa over a yummy milk sippy cup. She's such a buttercup.
4) Apparently, when one of my small family unit bubble is sick, my mama bear/tiger/lion comes out full force. So I'm stating this as a disclaimer right now: I'm not exactly myself these days. Or is it that I'm more myself than usual?
[[Insert thoughtful pause]]
In that, I'm not nodding and smiling anymore through stuff that's bothered me a long time. In that, I won't/don't put up with bullshit. In that, I will call people-who-deserve-it out on their bullshit. And I'll probably enjoy it. And I'll definitely mean it. (I'm not kidding. I'm fierce right now.) Kthxbai!
5) Dude. It's even clearer to me now how sick cc really was. I just found an unopened box of peanut butter Puffins. This has...never happened in the history of history. Sorry, buddy, but CRUNCH!
6) Seriously, thank you again for all your thoughtful comments. Muah!