Sunday, November 20, 2011

Turns out, toddlers love parades




I was originally planning on driving to my mom's house today, to kick off our Thanksgiving celeb early. But then cc was all "Huh? But...I'd miss a whole weekend day with Harps?!" And so okay, can't argue too much with that. Leaving tomorrow instead.

In my defense -- at taking away a sweet biscuit from her dadpants -- I walk in my mom's house and enter Enormous Amounts of Help Land. So when that's beckoning...it can be hard to stay in this here small, nothing-works-ever apartment. But I did!

And listen. On my walk back from the drugstore this morning (scared of the CVS-brand dipes I just bought), I noticed a parade was about to start. It was also probably 68 degrees out and sunny and she's never been to one and I haven't been in years and why not? So I hustled back and told cc he was taking her while I sat at home and didn't. And he did. But then he called and said "Only the motorcycles have come out and she's already so dang happy...I don't think you'll want to miss this." And woooeee he was right.




She was mildly pleased with the drummers and the bugles and the big police horses, but then the huge Macy's-type balloons started coming down the street (A caterpillar! Scooby! Garfield! Cookie Monster!) and she was beside herself. Clapping and yay'ing and pointing and kicking with glee. The sun was shooting sparkles off her little face and she was hugging cc's head and, well, I was suddenly okay with changing a few extra dipes today.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta find me a parade now :)

    T has just gotten super enthusiastic with his "wows" "yays" and clapping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful writing miss Ames. I felt as if I was at the parade. Have a super nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. make sure you tape (or DVR) the macy's one, when I was little my mom poped that stuff in the VCR and she was set all year long!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.