Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A little Christmas post

Pretty much says it all.

We had a lovely, peaceful Christmas in these here parts. It was so much fun getting everything festive and Santafied and waking up together and watching Harper slowly get what a special day Christmas is.

She just...loved it all. There were so many "wow!"s and gleeful giggles and real, innocent joy. Over everything! A little piece of Pez candy, handing out presents to her uncle, opening a dollhouse, riding her Rody, having tea parties, playing with her cousins, watching the snowflakes flake.


The Christmas lights in Portland. Impromptu driving date with cc.
Snowflake turtleneck and my Gram.
HJ and cc make towers. New hoss, Rody, in the background.

I love seeing her with the cousins, playing quietly (and then loudly) with the big girls upstairs while I peeked in to make sure she was still alive. Watching her remove herself from the chaos for little periods of time to recharge -- with a pile of books or some watercoloring or a walk in wooden shoes. Eating a cupcake in the kitchen (after her first, sticky candy cane) and saying "thank you thank you thank you!" Then giving out 12 rounds of kisses and hugs before we drove off in the Subie.


In her doughnut shirt and purple tights. Ready for the family party.

And I love all the thoughtful presents she received (which, honestly, I look at as presents to me since they'll keep us busy in the long winter hours ahead!), with lots of attention to who she is and we are as a family. Books and art supplies and craft goodies and puzzles and riding toys. Packing up my car with all the new loot, I'm pretty sure I could open up a cozy/crunchy daycare tomorrow. Any takers?

I hope your holi-dees were a good time, too! 

3 comments:

  1. Thoughtful/creative gifts are the beeeest, and I would have loved that hoss when I was little. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, love this. happy christmas to the cowan clan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sharon9:35 PM

    Ohhh I adore this. P.S. I just watched that other YouTube vid of Harper going through her letters. Umm...her first novel will be done by kindergarten, I guess? To quote the genius herself, "WOW."

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.