Friday, February 10, 2012

It's Friday morning and I'm

She has better form than I do, no joke.

 Sitting next to Harper, who's eating watermelon for breakfast. Which she requested by yelling "WA-MELON!!!!!!!!!!!!" We're sort of in a phase this week where things are requested via screams? Working on that.

Dreading her two-year appointment happening around 10. No shots, but there will be a finger prick and in my experience, that's often worse. (Picture a gushing finger, no tolerance for a band-aid, confused and terrified over where it's coming from...But maybe an additional 12 months of maturity will help ease that?)

Figuring out how I'mma make it through today with my back thrown out. I did something yesterday and it is bad. The actual injury is on my left flank (ew) and left lower back, but I woke up early early morning with my entire back in painful spasms. cc had me get out of bed and lie on the floor for awhile (could this have been a ploy to get the bed to himself mmmmm) and it did help release the non-injured parts of my back. So my right side is feeling okay now. But left side? Send help. Have a feeling I'm about to realize just how frequently I pick up my lady.

Realizing I'm going to be 30 a week from today. I alternate between feeling a warm "this will be great!" and sobbing in the car.

Eating 4 Trader Joe's Donut O's. And they didn't even give me a tum ache? I'll blame that on the "healthy" ingredient list. (Who makes donut holes with whole wheat flour?) (I don't know, but it works and they are delicious.)

Looking forward to naptime when I'll start another Inspector Lewis. Thanks to my mom, who had to break up my Midsomer Murders habit a bit, I'm in the flush of new obsession. Especially with that lanky James Hathaway fellow. Why again am I dreading 30? I was born 90.

Reheating my tea for the first time. It'll take at least 2 more tries before it gets finished.

Happy weekend, loves. My frozen back and I wish you funz.

16 comments:

  1. bed is surprisingly bigger than I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought you one of those "freak about the big three oh" types! It's just a number, and you are fabulous, it's just an excuse to celebrate and do a bunch of great things for yourself. =) Hope your back is better, I can't imagine dealing with that and my (near 30 lb?) babe.

    p.s. I turn 29.5 next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's kinda weird I care, ay? In general, I'm super ungirly about many things so I'm choosing this to be a weirdo on. ;)

      Happy half birthday!

      Delete
  3. Didn't you hear? 30 is the new 20. Totally rocks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, I'm much happier than at 20, so in that sense -- I'll taaaaake it. :)

      Delete
  4. Tell me more about this 30 thing. Is it the getting old part?

    In my 20s I kept hearing (via blogs, obvs) how the 30s were so great because you felt settled and comfortable with yourself, etc. etc. I think that helped me embrace the new decade w/open arms. Plus -older husband who didn't really seem "old" helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing that has helped me, too! And peeps seem to really mean it, not just say it so...

      I don't know exactly what it is. It just feels big, which surprises me. I have to admit some of it is vanity related; I think back to what I looked like at 18, etc and I shake my head. I was a serious babe! I like how I look now, too, but there was something weirdly powerful about those days. This is starting to sound creepy.

      And there's just all the general stuff: we're getting older, our parents are getting older, doors are closing (I used to have the feeling I could go do ANYthing, the possibilities were infinite and now I don't... it's kind of too late to become super good at a musical instrument or be in Broadway etc etc etc..)

      Eeep, I'm bummin' myself out! I think I'm just "feeling my feelings" and of course I'm ultimately a'ok with the whole thing and know in the scheme of things I'm a young, hip chick lady ;)

      Delete
  5. Aquarius + Dog = Better after 30, after 40, after 50 .......

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest, I'm not a fan of being 30. But I'm not sure what I'd rather be doing at 30 besides raising rugrats. I do know I feel better when my husband teases me about my age, I can turn around and tell him he's 31.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your back is better, that may add to the feeling of aging. :-) look forward to seeing you all and helping around the house so you can celebrate. How about making an appointment for massage, facial and let clay's mom pick up the tab and keep grandchild? Would love to do that for your birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly, I have seen many fifth graders who could not hold a pen or pencil correcctly, Harper is way ahead in that dept.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw sheesh, 3-Oh ain't no thing but a chicken wing.

    one of the very coolest, smartest, best dressed, chicest, funniest people I'll ever known turned 100 last July - she's a combo of Audrey Hepburn and Hurricane (insert latest here) - and A LOT more fun than the vast majority of people I know of whatever age.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like Clay's plan worked. ;) 37 today as of 6:53am and don't feel any different than 36. hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its components of preserving the tactic Nike Air Max 90 cozy and consuming water resistance made it game for skiing purpose. The fleece lining kept their tactic cozy even inside the unpressurized zones. By 1960, Onitsuka Tiger Shoes surfers in inclusion for the swimmers began preferring it to retain on their personal cozy the instant they have been not in water. Slowly, Monster Headphones it started to appear to be critically well-known between the South Californian swimmers and surfers who made the entry of Uggs within your path using the Hollywood instead a smooth one

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.