Monday, February 27, 2012

Some Monday morning things

1.) Last night, while shampooing Harps' mullet, I got something called an icepick headache. Basically, for 2ish seconds, I got this incredibly painful jolt of pain above my left eye. Incredibly. Even though it was suddenly there and then suddenly gone, I was 100% I was 5 minutes from death (no, really) and knew I had to get her out of the bath and safe in her bedroom before I croaked. cc's out of town, so me dropping dead while she's in a bath = very not ideal.

What was formerly a leisurely splash time, became a frantic race to get her rinsed and dry and pajama'd and behind her bedroom gate. I got it all done in record time (all the while, holding my phone near for a quick 9-1-1 call) and raced downstairs to Dr. Google. And then, yeah, I realized I'd probably make it till morning.

But seriously! These things are insane. Mmm, icepick through my skull. Yum! Reading forums of people who get them is hilarious because they all went through something similar the first time they got one. (Can this please be my only and not just my first? ...)

2.) I'm making some frands! Got hooked up with a newcomers' playgroup (through an awesome mom who found me forlornly playing trains at the library one afternoon) and am having playdates with some of those ladies, in addition to moms from H's future nursery school (where we do a 1 hour class together on Wednesdays.) Just a few weeks ago, I was wondering how I'd ever get into that nice groove where you can have a cup of tea with someone else while your toddlers maul each other and huzzah! It's happening. Relief!

3.) I bought HJ a yellow bikini for our Florida trip this week (more on that later). Is that inappropriate? A 2-year-old in a bikini? I really don't know, but I could not stop my fingers pressing the purchase button.

4.) I'm still upset by the back of a book of hers that says "Some things are happy, some things are sad, but everything's FUN!" Many things about that sentence are wrong.

5.) My new favorite thing Harper says: In the morning (5:00) while she's standing at her gate waiting for me to get her and she sees me. "Oh! There you are! Good morning." I need a recording of how she says "morning"... it's so flirty? And a little...smug, like she knows it's not really morning when it's pitch black outside.

Off to start another week, with my very tiny boss.

7 comments:

  1. AHAHAH @ "Everything's fun!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kills me. How can something be sad AND fun? A chick flick maybe? :/

      Delete
  2. Where are you going in Florida? SO jealous. Enjoy the warm happy making sunshine! In florida, "EVERYTHING's FUN!"

    T's started waking me up by tapping on my cheek and saying, "mama cute!"

    Seriously, can't get any better :)

    I think she DOES know that she's being funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fort Lauderdale, baby!! My cousin and her fam of husb + 3 kids are going, too. Think it'll be a blast for Harps -- it's a cool hotel on the beach with great kid pools. I'm ready for sundresses and lemonade!

      Oh wow that is CUTE. Harps yells and yells until I get her and then... makes fun of me ;)

      Delete
  3. i used to be alone...then i got divorced! #1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOD YOU JUST MADE MY MONTH.

      Delete
  4. Availability of mens hogan and children hogan has facilitated customers with wide choice.Hogan outlet, Onitsuka Tiger Hogan slippers lap up been mystical this current market atlanta divorce attorneys winter.If you are fashion conscious, you must know Australian sheepskin hogans really contribute a lot for a decent, Beats By Dre Headphones trendy and a little elegant appearance.Next is "Wool Dyeing" or "Fatliquoring.Integrated with genuine sheepskin, they are of great comfort.This famous Hogan Australian Brand is made by Deckers Corporation and is made in New Zealand, Hogan Sneakers Australia and more recently in China.So for those people who are consistently vigilant when it quantities to these chances, Nike Air Max then you certainly are surely heading for being resourceful to rating the flawless hogan on cut-rate purchase which you can find.Bagged for quality and worth, kids Hogans sale has tremendously increased and touched the sky.Those embell.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.