Monday, April 02, 2012

Monday, go away.

Today was so stressful I'm eating an ice cream cone in bed.

But we're all home now, snug as bugs. George had a last minute trip to the vet and got antibiotics. Harps had an ER visit, fresh out of the bath, in bare feet and a strange pink and yellow outfit we pulled hastily from drawers. She came home singing Aladdin songs and cheering: "Baby's fine!'

I can't even make a funny story out of it because, well, kids and sick stuff and potential sick stuff just make my heart heavy. I've been there when you show up at the ER and suddenly your worst thoughts are coming true. So it's not really easy anymore to brush things off, to remind myself the stats, to stay calm during the unknown.

She's just fine (knock on wood) if not completely pissed at us for taking her to the hospital at bedtime. I freaked out about an under-the-skin rash I saw during bath and while I was quite certain she was showing signs of Leukemia or Meningitis or about to lose her leg due to blood poisoning... the docs say it's probably nothing/keep an eye on it. Of course, I'll be watching it and every other spot on her body till she's 100 and I'm 127...so I'll never really feel total peace. But right now, tonight, I'll let myself feel a little bit.

Please let me remember how I felt tonight when it's 5:30 and she's screaming her head off about wanting another Wonder Pets and a slice of honey bread and dinner is burning and George peed on my foot and I just want to run away to a small village in France where I'll ride my bike in a flowy dress and pick out baguettes from the farmer's market while people sing about my head being stuck in a book. Please let me remember my life is pretty much perfect right here.

Oh and if you want to see my Jones in all her glory, check this vid.



Now to finish my cone before cc comes up.

12 comments:

  1. So glad I decided to check on you guys! I love the fairy wings, helmet and buggy. She is adorable! I love that you let her play like that! Oh, and I do still miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you, too!!! <3

      Delete
  2. Harper and I listen to the same tunes while driving...and I absolutely hate it when I get my dress caught in the car door! Buh bye! See ya soon!

    (And glad everything is okay!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a scary day! Glad it all worked out and I think you deserve that icecream cone :)

    Such a cute movie, her outfit is cracking me up. I like how she is being extra safe in the car with her little helmet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys should get to skip all scary ER-visits forevermore. That stuff is so scary without the added personal stuff you guys have experienced. Ugh. Sorry that happened.

    Interestingly, the small village in France is also one of my oh-god-want-to-escape-it-all fantasy locations. Maybe we can meet at a cafe there?

    PS - The book "On Rue Tatin" might interest you. American family that moves to France, lives in a house that used to be a church, cooks things...One of my favs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book sounds fab!

      And yes, let's not only meet in the cafe -- but potentially share a little cottage for the week. We'll have plenty of alone/hermit time and then when we need company, we'll meet in the tiny living room and eat brie and judge people.

      Delete
  5. "Look there she goes that girl who's strange, no question. A most peculiar mademoiselle..." (I think that's how it starts, non?) Just know that you are not alone during those lousy parts. And now you're on the other side of a bad day, with plenty more sure to come. I'd love to treat you to a DQ cookie dough blizzard (in chocolate, of course). Love the vid of Harps...chin up and have a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yeah, you're pickin' up what I'm puttin down! I can recite all those lyrics, all the crazy little in-and-out parts...I have a feeling you can, too ;)

      DQ choco with cookie dough YES! We will make that happen one day. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Lookin' fly, grl! Oh and this makes me super excited, because I get to go see Mary Poppins with sweet Connelly and the kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "See ya soon!"

    *munch* The helmet! ahaha. So glad Harper June is okay... hope the rash is just one of those nothings that completely freaks us out. It still always sucks when they can't give you an exact reason for something, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harper is definitely a multi-tasker; my mom will love this video (just as I do!). Glad nothing serious from ER.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom did love looking at the videos and pictures. Happy Easter weekend, expecting some pictures of your fav Easter treat.....Peeps. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.