Monday, April 09, 2012

Sickies and Easter

Oops. Radio silence following a post about an ER rash. And then she got an entirely different rash (lacy and all over her abdomen) three days later! Party time. This time, it came alongside a brutal cold and a fever, yada yada. So I knew it was probably viral (Fifth Disease, I'm thinking) and that other rash was probably a harbinger of the sickness en route. WHY AM I STILL TYPING ABOUT RASHES. Sorry.

 I also got sick with super congestion and runny nose and a sore throat. And it was cold and wet and I had brutal, brutal cramps and had to do that whole putting on a happy face when I really want to hide under the wool blanket thing. Cue a very small violin.

Anywho.

 Suffice it to say, we've both been having a rough and stuffy and crabby few days, but we're definitely on the slow upswing. And we had a nice Easter -- she loved the can'y (tho I'm not sure she actually ingested much -- she really got into a ladylike stuffing-in-mouth and chewing, but then spitting it all out routine) and coloring the eggs (cc has all those pics, hope to post them later) and the egg hunt. But please, please. Don't mention the Easter Bunny or she'll lose her noodle. Eeeeeep. (He is a terrifying notion, honestly. And I never believed in him myself, so don't plan on doing him up much...)

And now, while Elmo wraps up and I have a few minutes, I'll go knit a row or two on the purple cotton cardigan I just started for her...

A few quick pics!


11 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:00 AM

    Your description certainly sounds like parvo/Fifth disease and 'tis the season. Did she have bright pink ("slapped") cheeks as well?
    Hope you both feel better soon!
    -Your friendly dermatologist blog reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A derm reader! Hi! :)

      She did have the pink cheeks! The tummy rash was only around for 24ish hours, but the cheeks were a few days. Poor lil nugget.

      We're both feeling much better today, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Fifth's Disease? Your post made me google it. How did I get through two baby infancy- and well into toddler-periods without ever hearing of this? Sometimes I'm shocked by how little of this parenting thing I actually know...Here's hoping you and Harpsy-baby are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew about it because I had it in college! Gross. I was in a dance class and lifted up my arms, showed my belly and the class GASPED. I had this crazy rash all over my torso for about 6 weeks. My boyfriend at the time said "Thank God it's not on your face -- I wouldn't mind, but you're much too vain to handle that." Sadly, he was kind of right. :p

      Delete
  3. Ugh. Sick. Sitting here with a sore throat and runny nose - and my little guy too. Parenting while sick sucks. I have to say your little one is so pretty. I mean, she's always been cute - but that chocolate smear pic really shows her beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blergh -- I hope you dudes feel better soon, too. I get so nostalgic for the days when I could just loll around and whine about feeling bad. Sigh.

      And thank you! Her little mug is pretty sweet :)

      Delete
  4. Love the chocolate face but can't figure out what the treat started as before HJ attacked it. Hints please! Can't wait to see the egg hunt pics : )

    I was petrified of the tooth fairy. I did not want anyone coming in while I was sleeping and reaching under my pillow. So my crazy anxiety attacks blew all the fun for my sister too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A chocolate bunny! In the other pic she's looking at a little bag of jelly beans, so it's confusing ;)

      Ahahha re: the tooth fairy! Totally makes sense that that would be terrifying...I don't remember believing in her either? I wasn't a very fun child maybe. I did love Santa and totally believed in him tho!

      Delete
  5. I love her little cardigan! Hope you're both feeling on the mend after being sick ♥

    We're super grinches over here who aren't even going to pretend about the Easter Bunny or Santa, Bebe will have a deprived childhood :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The great thing about sweaters when they're toddlers is they last so long! At first they're bulky and now (almost a year later) it fits snug-but-cute.

      It's hard deciding what cultural stuff to follow! I do love Santa, but I won't go overboard with details... PLUS, she's afraid of him as of now, so maybe we'll have to skip it! :)

      Delete
  6. Scared to google Fifth Disease? Yet another thing for me to worry about - I'm panick stricken at the sickies.

    Also on a lighter note, I love how you and CC have given birth to an ever-stylish and beautiful Twiggy doppleganger.

    Feel better, cuties!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.