Thursday, August 02, 2012

Please someone tell my dog to lie down and sleep it's nighttime



Much to cc's horror, I now own (and wear) (in public) a muumuu. It's glorious.

But hey, he's wearing plaid shorts and winter socks while watching women's gymnastics sooooooo. So.

And now, three things about the song "My Boyfriend's Back" by, apparently, The Angels:

1) I used to (1990ish) sing with abandon the following lyrics:

He went away and you hung around
And bothered me, every night
And when I wouldn't go out with you
You said things that weren't very nice


At this point, I am so disturbed by her prudishness I don't know where to begin.

2) I was so into this song back in 6th grade (I've always been extremely timely) that I wrote new lyrics to it for a Nancy Drew book report. And then performed it in front of my class. Pretty sure no other 11-year-olds had any idea what I was doing. (I'm also tickled by the fact I was already academically mailing it in back then. Nancy Drew? Amy, Amy, Amy.)

3) Harper love love loves this jam. (I've got it on an old mix CD a friend made me years ago.) I'll be scanning through the tunes and this comes on and she yells out "I like this one!!!!" before I can change it. Like (crazy) mother like (crazy) daughter.

Happy end 'o week!

2 comments:

  1. Just heard someone call the muumuu a "patio dress"...sounds very East Texas regal.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.