Thursday, May 10, 2007

An Open Letter to My Remaining Friends on Idol


Melinda,

For a long time, you were my hands-down favorite. You did that crazy back-of-the-throat guttural thing, sang songs that taught us how to spell woman, and bravely admitted to never having a boyfriend. But c'mon, lady. You're 29, not 79. Stop singing songs my ancestors would bop to, stop pretending you don't know how good you are, and - not to be mean - but sometimes I get worried about where your neck went?

Jordin,

At first I didn't really notice you or remember what you did each week. You just didn't stand out for me, which is hard to believe since you're roughly three times the size of Seacrest. But lately, it's hard to ignore how good you are (especially for 17) and I tend to enjoy your song choices. Still, don't rest easy. Sometimes you yell at me really loudly and you're kind of a kiss-up. Also - that little heart thing you do with your hands is pretty cute, but it's trademarked. Pay up.

Blake,

Blake. Blake, Blake, Blake. I hate you, I love you, I want to rip your hair off. Why did you dye it black? Who told you this was a good idea? If it was Bon Jovi, you shouldn't turn to him for style advice. That whole beat boxing thing works for you, but do you have to change every song into a dance party? It's either that or you give it the David Bowie/Coldplay/Bono treatment and I squirm uncontrollably. However, you seem to be a genuinely nice person, wear fun sneakers, and I appreciate your affinity for 311, a fact that proved to me you were most definitely a fellow Class of 2000 graduate.

And to all of you: Please make next week a more enjoyable entertainment experience for us all.
I'm feeling restless and looking towards Dancing with the Stars for happiness. Not good.

Love,

A

1 comment:

  1. The New York Islanders liked what they saw from Steve Staios Cheap Jerseys in camp on a tryout basis, and on Friday signed the veteran defenseman to a one-year contract. Davis was charming, cantankerous Cheap Jersey and Wholesale NFL Jerseys compassionate -- a man who when his spouse a Wholesale NFL Jersey break down severe Cheap NFL Jerseys heart attack Cheap NFL Jersey within the 1970s NFL Jerseys relocated in to the woman's NFL Jersey medical center space. But he had been Replica NFL Jerseys best known like a Replica NFL Jersey rebel, a guy who established NFL Football Jerseys a team in whose gold NFL Football Jersey and black colours NFL Football Jerseys For Sale and sailing logo symbolized their attitude toward authority, each on NFL Football Jersey For Sale the field and off. Before NHL Jersey decrease of the Raiders NHL Jerseys in to perennial losers in the first NHL Hockey Jerseys decade of the Twenty-first NHL Hockey Jersey century, Davis was a Hockey Jerseys champion, the person who as a Hockey Jersey coach, then owner general Replica NHL Jerseys manager-de facto coach, set up exactly Replica NHL Jersey what he or she known as "the group Cheap NHL Jerseys from the decades" according to an additional Cheap NHL Jersey motto: "Commitment in order to Quality

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.