Friday, May 11, 2007

Thank You Coke Gods

Anyone who knows me knows about my serious issue with anything made from fake sugar. I almost cried when I ordered chocolate pudding online and it arrived sugar-free. I've had people bring me back cranberry juice "lite" and almost punched them in the mouth. It all tastes like rat poison mixed with bubble gum and I'm pretty sure it puts holes in people's brains. Except. For. Coke. Zero. I'm not sure how it's done, and I don't really want to know, but this stuff tastes so much like real Coke it's scary. I think it's made in the same place unicorns live and Santa Claus takes vacations.

I've been worried about it disappearing off the shelves before people gave it a real chance, but my hope has been renewed. A new ad campaign just launched and they've recently added Cherry Coke Zero to the mix. Combine this with it being Friday, someone supposedly dying on my DVR'd Lost and, Sweet Jeebus, could life get any better?

3 comments:

  1. welcome to the revolution...we need more footsoldiers like you and CC....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picked up two avant garde twelve packs of DC's this weekend - one Cherry Coke Zero, one DC Plus.

    CCZ: Not bad actually. I didn't hook up the IV or anything, but had a few,... however this was mostly due to...

    DC+: In the words of the Green Goblin to Dr. Strong, "Back to Formmula!". (Spiderman was on this weekend... and the only way I was extracating myself from a crowded, sticky, theater experience this weekend was to give BJA her Spidey Fix on TNT.)

    Problems with DC+:

    1.) Tastes a lot like Coke Zero... but thats not what I'm in it for. Experts agree (Rachael H. and I), DC has a unique stinging taste. Don't take it away.

    2.) What Vitamins / Minerals have been added? No clear labeling on the can or the box. Shouldn't this be trumpeted somewhere, or did I just sign up for the pet food scandal of this week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:56 AM

    a) Thank genes for giving you the taste buds to detect the Poison of the Era.

    b) Sugarless that tastes like sugar --- if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. It's probably alien based and we just figured out Roswell's real contribution to humankind is - galactic no-cal sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.