Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Best of the Rest


Enough, American Idol, enough. As with Ms. Spears, I spend valuable free time defending you to the educated and cynical masses, but I'm seriously considering changing my vote - so to speak.

For the fourth week in a row you are presenting me with the most vile programming this side of VH1's Best of the 90's series. FYI, Simon Fuller: hours upon hours of auditioning fools does not a good television show make. I was jazzed to think this week we'd finally advance to Hollywood and the beginning of the actual competition, but alas, no. Last night we were treated to more special friends singing their faces off in San Antonio (a hotbed of hidden vocal talent, I'm sure) and tonight there's an auditions finale called "The Best of the Rest". As if an entire month of this shizz were not adequate (Adequite? Adiquite? Damn you, Lohan!) and we're just thirsting for an ineptly edited montage of "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree".

I've never blindly erased AI from my DVR without a second glance, but I did so last night. And I will continue to do so until I see a strong turnaround from my good friends behind the table. But meanwhile...Josh Holloway and his dimples are back in Oahu tonight and my thumb is firmly fixed on the rewind button.

1 comment:

  1. escalation. you cannot watch l.o.s.t. while i'm out of town.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.