Wednesday, February 21, 2007

But I Still Don't Like Hugs at the End of the Half Hour


Either it's my recent move to the headquarters of Wake Up San Francisco or my recent you're-definitely-an-adult-now birthday or a combination of the two, but lately I find myself slowly morphing into Danny Tanner.

You know sometimes when you're by yourself watching Arrested Development or Spinal Tap or even HGTV for that matter, and you catch a glimpse of yourself in the window and realize you have a huge, creepy smile on your face? That happened to me today when I went down to the mailbox and received my first issue of Living. I'm frightened by the domestic bliss I felt.

Yesterday I manically DustBusted every inch of my apartment, foam at the corners of my mouth. It was like that spooky song in Sweeney Todd (I know, I know obscure musical references border on torture, but humor me) where Sweeney goes on and on about the razor being an extension of his arm. That was the DustBuster and me. We were one.

When I get back to my car (that's Jack-Jack to you) after leaving it for awhile, I notice new specks of dirt on it. I actually reenact Danny's little schtick from the show's intro when he's wiping down his car and smiling like an idiot.

The only thing left is snagging my own talk show. And John Stamos moving in. I'm working on it.

2 comments:

  1. when do M-K and Ash drop by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:16 PM

    "Adulthood" creeps into you while your sleeping. Little trolls reprogram your brain so what you use to think was such boring stuff you now take an avid interest in. Not much you can do about it, just sit back relax and enjoy the show! Just keep an area inside that is guarded by Peter and the Boys and everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.