Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A poll

My new friends at work convinced me to fall in love with Buffy the Vampire Slayer - the Joss Whedon pro-gram, not the movie. (Although me deeply loves an early 90's Luke Perry, so you won't hear arguments from me there.)

I always thought I'd probably hate the show, though the more I think about it, I'm not sure why. It's got all the elements of my type of crack pipe - teen angst, witty banter, things with fangs.

I'm diving right in, currently burrowed into my couch with some brownie bites, a couple quilts, and disc one, season one, episode three on my screen. Sarah Michelle's 1997 bangs are killing me softly and I'd like another glass of milk. All well and good, but this is going to take up some serious Netflix time and space. Right? Right.

The way I see it, there are two - vastly different - solutions to my new addiction:

1) Buy ALL SEVEN SEASONS for one-easy-payment of $180.

or

2) Laboriously trudge my way through Netflix, disc by disc, waiting impatiently by the mailbox with a frown and a few tears.

The answer is easy, right? Just let Clay know and I'll thank you promptly.

4 comments:

  1. A) I love Buffy. Buy the whole damn thing if you can. Plus, David Boreanaz has to be even better in HD.

    B)I have a blogging award for you on my page, so feel free to stop by to "pick it up"!

    "You don't know me. I'm not mental or anything." - Wayne's World

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear you stalk my life. It's WEIRD.

    1) Had lunch with my friend Nicole today and she was watching Season 1 of Buffy, we were on the episode like three or four called Teacher's Pet.

    2)I've also convinced myself that it's perfectly fine to buy season of the Tudors on DVD. Luckily, there are only two seasons of that, and I've got both, so I'm done for a while.

    SMG's 90's bangs were killing me softly too, as were her high wasted too tight yellow pants.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you remember when scary peter sang a song from buffy at locals? and the only one who knew was bevin... i bet i would enjoy the show though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:53 PM

    The movie, the standard.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.