So I'm still really liking classes, somehow. Sorry to keep marvelling at it, but most of you didn't have to live with me through the many hours/days/months/years of me hating school. The novelty's going to take awhile to rub off.
But there's 1 of my 4 that sucks wind. Essentially, the lady stands up front and reads the worksheet packet she's handed to us. And doesn't even read it right; she'll mispronounce words and say nonsensical things not on the page and shit? Luckily I found a dude to sit near who thinks it's ridiculous, too, so at least I can roll my eyes toward someone.
At one point this afternoon she was putting super low-quality mimeographed (that's right - not even xeroxed) images up on the projector and then...describing them? Because our eyeballs broked?
"That's a boy standing on a pretend boat in...it looks like maybe...the 40's? Yes, it's true! Children in the 40's pretended they were on boats, too."
What?!
Then we watched a VHS from 1980. She left the room during the whole thing so I did some homework from another class. Then she came back and let us out a half hour early. There's more funny stuff, but I'm too tired to be funny.
But the thing is, I thought all my classes were going to be like this. And they're not. So I'll shush up and take it.
In other news, the song "If You Seek Amy" sung by the lovely Mz Brit Spears is 100% complete nonsense -- but a fantastic song for the end of your day when you just want to sing 100% complete nonsense.
In other other news, here are some happy things:
1. The rubber band book I made/wrote today - at my work desk instead of eating lunch - for Curriculum class. It was called "Olive and the Sandwich" and told the story of Olive who woke up one day and really wanted a PB&J.
2. Trail mix.
3. The non-horror Stephen King book I'm reading - Lisey's Story. He's a dang good storyteller.
4. Coffee from McDonald's. Surprisingly delicious and strong.
5. Blowing bubbles in class.
Ahh.. reminiscent of my voice disorders class when the professor showed ancient videos of Japanese people speaking Japanese. Huh? And that helps me with voice disorders how? Or my language acquisition professor who said "lang-idge ack-uh-zi-shun".
ReplyDeleteex-aaaactly!
ReplyDeletei don't want to be so beey-atchy about the whole thing, but a teacher, teaching how to teach, with a doctorate in teaching...should know stuff. especially grammar. and facts.
Glad you enjoyed the Rubber Band Book, Amy.
ReplyDelete