Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hi. My name is Amy and I’m an addict.

A Mormon blog addict.

I don’t know what it is, people, but I cannot get enough of these things.

The fetching ensembles they wear, the photographs of their vintage wallpapers, the surprisingly sassy references to married sex, the baked goods, the allusions to mysterious LDS practices, the cozy family gatherings. It’s like reading a Laura Ingalls Wilder novel with a bonus chapter on red lipstick and Sprite.

If I weren’t a devoted atheist, rabid gay rights supporter, and overall hippie skip, I’d totally get onboard; I just happen to disagree with 91% of their beliefs. It’s no one’s fault.

I’ve heard Mormon dudes bitch about the huge disparity between the missions they go on and the women’s assignments (Savannah, Georgia vs. Siberia - etc) but what they’re not getting, is these mostly-by-women blogs will end up converting wa-ay more people than any knocking-on-foreign-doors-in-ill-fitting-suits will ever do. They are – by far, by leaps and bounds - the best Mormon PR that ever was.

Lord knows it wasn’t this chick.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:01 PM

    ack yes. i'm SO glad that i'm not the only one whose obsessed w/ mormon blogs. there are TONS of them, my gosh. i love the cute clothes & photos, too.

    i love - www.taza-and-husband.blogspot.com & www.chrisandstaceysargent.blogspot.com & they have oodles of links to other sites.

    some of them have etsy shops too ..that's even more tempting cause i love me some etsy.

    "It’s like reading a Laura Ingalls Wilder novel with a bonus chapter on red lipstick and Sprite." LOL. yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, i'm addicted too! and lawd knows i'd convert if it weren't for the whole jesus thing. and the no pre-marital sex thing. and the magic underwear freaks me out.

    provo, utah looks like a beautiful place to live tho!

    do you read this one?
    http://mormoninmanhattan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.