
I was seriously disheartened yesterday when, on the way to the airport, I learned that lip glosses were being thrown out at security check. I had dutifully removed all lotions, shampoos and toothpastes from my travel bag, but figured a harmless tube of shine-enhancer would go unnoticed. The chick next to me on the shuttle told me I was wrong; chapsticks were allowed, but gooey glosses weren't. I looked down woefully at the C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint peeking out of my purse and put on my final application with a sigh. I still tucked it away in my purse just in case it could slip by, but I pretty much said my goodbyes. Holding my breath as I watched my bags pass under the x-rays, I did a mini fist pump to see my gloss pass through without discovery. This should come as no surprise to me, though, as I once got through security with a huge, serrated knife. My dad had given it to me as some sort of protection against rapists, but I just sort of always hid in my backpack, hoping it would go away. I didn't notice the thing was in there until the plane had taken off and I was looking for a book in my bag. I found the whole thing slightly hilarious, but mostly horrifying. Lip gloss is small potatoes for a girl like me.
I must admit that if this particular tube had been thrown away, I have two more stashed in other locations...but still. At seven fi'ty a pop (or two caramel macchiatos) I try to hold onto these things for as long as is humanly possible. Plus, this gloss is really pretty special. You can buy it in four different tints - very subtle but fresh colors - or basic clear, and the shine is incredible. Literally every time I put this stuff on I get a compliment. It's also extremely minty and touted for its abilities to give you fresh breath, which I'll back up as well. Plus, the tube is super cute. Only downside? Don't apply before driving with windows down. Sticky chaos.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.