Does anyone else feel uncomfortable when people call them by their real name? Even if you're not in the witness protection program?
I've got a bajillion nicknames. Many of them are variations of Amy ("Ames" "Meems" "Mimi" etc) and only when someone's angry/annoyed/relaying scary information does "Amy" come out of the bag. So, just like a Pavlov dog, I hear it and get all sweaty. Not that I don't like my name - I do. I just...don't want to hear it.
Clay and I literally never call each other by our first names. If you spend any time with us you'll quickly see what we do call each other ("Didj" "Cram" "Chip" "Buddy") but never our actual names. I'm not even sure if this is normal or weird, but I'm guessing the latter.
In high school, college and pre-marriage work everyone called me by my maiden name, which is now null and void. People still call me by the old name if they knew it, but the people I've just met obviously don't. And my new last name isn't really as catchy. (I like it, inlaws - it's just not funky. Like my old name was.) So at this current job, where I'm not around long enough to pick up a nickname, people have nothing to call me but "Amy" -- and ah sweet Jeebus God I don't like it.
Am I alone here...??
Hey Ames...Not to worry. Pick the name you want and go with it.Could be a literary challenge; name fits event.
ReplyDeleteLucinda
billy & i call each other "buddy" in a really sweet, cute little way.
ReplyDelete"no buddy... come cuddle me!"
i like it :(
i will now call you ames. or something else entirely
maybe "Heymie" ....
is D'loof still cool?
ReplyDeletewill you and cc please name your first child D'Wolfe?
I feel like I call you Amy a fair amount, maybe I'm the only one.
ReplyDeletehaha you guys can call me whatever you'd like - just not late for dinner. i genuinely like my name - hello! little women! - just have to get used to it? at almost-27?
ReplyDeleteand yeah, t, maybe you do call amy? i think i don't mind b/c little brothers rarely hand out punishments.
I named you Katherine - in case Amy was too informal - maybe that was unnecessary: "Do you Amy Cowan promise to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic?"
ReplyDeleteMy name is Amy as well!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I have always been called Amy, the full name, until a few years ago when my younger brother started calling me Ames. Now that was weird. I don't get that sweaty feeling when people call me Amy, but when my mom uses my full name "Margaret Amy Elizabeth!!" Oh I know I'm in deep shit. (Yes Margaret is my first name, Amy is my given name and the name I go by... yes b parents were weird when they named me... *rolls eyes*)
But me and Kai call each other babe or other such pet names and, although they used to bother me, they just roll off my tongue naturally now!
the UGG 5854 Classic Mini Boots actual UGG within the UGG 3060 Classic Mini Kimono Boots web are some affordable UGG Classic Short Boots non-authentic, UGG Swell Tall Bootsrelaxing and cozy UGG 3161 Classic Short Sparkles Boots organic and natural as well as UGG Classic Tall Boots organic and natural to poor UGG 3063 Classic Tall Kimono Boots more. UGG Ultra Tall 5245 Boots Leopard UGG craze this UGG Corinth Boots 5756 period of your time of your UGG Dauphine 5741 Boots energy is actually truly UGG 5750 Desoto Boots fairly receptive UGG Elsey 5596 Boots inexpensive UGG Ultra Short Boots 5225. Light tan UGG Felicity 5450 Boots, brown and darkish tend to be the UGG Fluff 5304 Boots majority of likely UGG 5531 Fox Boots probably the most normal UGG 8686 Fox Hair Boots near to in the direction of UGG 5749 Gaviota Boots the 3 models, the exterior UGG Gissella 5593 Boots layer near to in the direction UGG 5765 Highkoo Boots of the UGG Jimmy Choo Boots genuine UGG 5835 Tassel Boots UGG sheepskin sheepskin UGG Kensington 5678 Boots may soak up wetness UGG Kids Boots considerably UGG 5899 Womens Sheepskin Boots much better UGG Knightsbridge 5119 Boots than 100 % cotton UGG Knit Boots, functions UGG Ultimate Boots, the within UGG 5181 Kona Boots layer had been cashmere UGG Langley Boots cashmere consists of lanolin UGG Liberty 5509 Boots person getting
ReplyDelete