Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Solid Goldie



I've been in LA a couple months now and have yet to have a legit celebrity sighting. I used to think Britney was around every corner, ready to drop her Frappucino on my foot, but those days are gone. I still scan the crowd for a familiar face, but at this point it's just more of a casual habit. I thought I was doomed to seeing only D-list stars and I'd started to accept it.

That is, until Sunday night when my boyfriend and I were stuck in traffic, trying to get out of Hollywood. The streets were jammed because of a concert at the Hollywood Bowl; Pink Floyd was playing and people wanted in. As we sat amongst the stoners, bumper-to-bumper, my bf looked to his left, at the car facing opposite us. "Hello, Goldie," he said, kidding. I swung my head to the left and leaned over. He didn't realize it, but the blonde, lippy chick staring forward really was Goldie Hawn, and you know who was sitting next to her? Good ol' Captain Ron (or Kurt Russell, but he prefers I call him Cap'n), cute little horn-rimmed glasses and all. Before we could soak them in any longer, they drove away in their big, gold Mercedes, off to the dark side of the moon.

3 comments:

  1. Good old Cap'n Ron.

    "If it's going to happen, it's going to happen out there"

    Fits your sighting. Remember to carry a small pair of binoculars at all times - then your prepared for the clebs. Even cooler, get the type with a built-in digital camera and then we can all see what they look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this post was put up when Laugh In was still on air...

    (I kid, I kid)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger5:12 PM

    Damn, I miss my good old celebrity sitings. All Italy's got is sexy naked David.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.