
I can't believe there's no such thing as Columbus Day out here. When I asked my work friends what they were planning for their day off, they gave me the same look I got when I first moved out here and asked where I could walk (no!) to get some good sushi or called the freeway "405" instead of "the 405." My work friends repeated "Columbus Day" a couple times, letting the crazy and foreign words play upon their tongues.
How can the otherwise sunny state of California drop this little raincloud over me? I've been planning my day off for the past month, hemming and hawing over whether I'll watch "Matlock" or "Magnum P.I." come 2:00, whether I'll eat a grilled cheese or a milkshake for lunch, whether I'll take a nap or do a little thrift store shopping in the late afternoon. But Abracadabra - the dream is gone and I'll be plugging away at my computer while you light-hearted East Coasters are watching The Hallmark Channel in my place. Next thing I know they'll be telling me I don't get Patriot's Day off.
Nah.
Come on - there has to be a little skip in your step after seeing Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell headed to partake of some Other Side of the Wall?
ReplyDeletethis east coaster was sitting at her desk at work all day! sigh. though their was that store 24 run for the magic juice...oh dear...
ReplyDeleteyou seem like just the sort of girl who would like to celebrate genocide so you could watch magnum p.i.
ReplyDelete