Wednesday, January 09, 2008

To barn or not to barn

I'm always torn between things like washing my hair with a bar of organic soap stuff and dropping fi'ty bucks on the shampoo O magazine says will change my life. Between $9 shirts from Target and half my paycheck on a designer dress to make me look like Mary Tyler Moore. Between bringing eggs in a plastic cup to save money on lunch and dropping $3.50 on my 'Bux. Scheduling a laundry pick-up and wearing 10 year old holey yoga pants to the gym.

Of course this schizophrenic dichotomy is showing up in my wedding planning. Pay (up the nose) for the convenience of a bundled venue or take the time to put together a unique, kind of funky, but very me day? There was lots of back and forth. We're doing this bicoastally, so maybe the bundled option is less painful for everyone? But forever I've been saying I just want a dance party with barbeque, wildflowers and cupcakes! But there are so many more decisions and hodgepodge things we need to fit together this way? But at the end of the day do I want to spend more on one day than I make in a year? But will my friends ever speak to me again if they travel hundreds, even thousands of miles, to eat smoked meat on a paper plate?

I decided they will. As tempting as the turnkey solution was, we really started getting excited about planning when we took the plunge into do-it-yourselfdom. So check yourself friends. You're going to a hoe down.

6 comments:

  1. i'd say for most generic items, the cheaper alternative is usually just as good and I'd rather save the money. that said however, I'd definitely recommend losing those 10 year od yoga pants! -holes in your yoga pants is a real no no! speaking of organic soap for washing hair, check out Paul's (www.paulsorganic.com). i use it as a shampoo in addition to a bath soap, and my hair is really nice these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. barn! barn! loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the barn it is! i bet this will be so much more bja/cow-ish. and duh, isn't that the point anyway? screw fruitlands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. counting the days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember the advice I gave cuz Crispie - as long as you've got the right groom nothing else matters...and we know you've got the right groom. In the end you're just as married one way or t'other. Yay for the bahn! Sounds awesome to me and I can't wait to hear about/be involved in the plans! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. possess Moncler Caps Moncler Outlets and Womens Moncler Down Jackets these times the Moncler Scarf Web store is far Womens Moncler Jackets more common.many clients would like to buy the Moncler Shoes products.our Moncler Boots shop can offer lots of Moncler Caps merchandise,example Moncler Womens Moncler Coats Clothing,Moncler Shoes,Moncler Bags Moncler Vest and so on.our Moncler Moncler Jackets 2011 each one is top quality Moncler Outlet and low-cost cost Moncler Scarf.thanks for likely Moncler Shoes to thank you for purchasing Moncler Vests!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.