Monday, October 03, 2011

Mister R



Does she look sad here? That's just her look of complete engrossment, no worries. I introduced her to a little Mister Rogers today -- her first taste of my favorite, favorite person. I wasn't sure if she'd like it just yet (it's very very gentle, which I love) but of course she did, of course. As soon as he walked in the door and started singing and putting on his cardigan and changing his shoes, she was hooked.

And now, the familiar sounds of Lady Elaine Fairchild and King Friday are wafting this way and it's filling me with the most intense and happy nostalgia for my own faraway days of little persondom. Sharing these tiny things from my life with her just feels cozy. Perfect for a rainy, lazy Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Me keeping Everly away from TV has caused her to basically boycott it. She's completely uninterested by basically every show I've tried on PBS. I've tried a few so that if I do successfully nurse, I can maybe put a show on for her so she has a little entertainment. So in that way, it kinda backfired. :D Woops. Sometimes she'll peep Matt Lauer on the Today show for a few minutes though!

    I think she'll be more interested as she gets older. I didn't watch a lot of Mr. Rogers growing up but I swear if I watched him now, I'd probably take a long nap. Most relaxing voice and wardrobe ever in the history of mankind. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does not look sad, but she does look sweet, sweet, sweet. She is so pretty and delicate looking. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you say that, becuase I was just thinkiing this morning about how much I love sharing the old videos with Lucy that I loved as a kid. Some she loves and some we agree are CREEPY. Remind me to take this up with my mom.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.