Friday, September 19, 2008

i really want something from j. peterman


i just have to decide what. a few months ago, i requested the catalog online, just because i had to see it in real life, just because i had to know if elaine spoke the truth. and seriously people - it does not disappoint. the clothes all have pleats, the descriptions all reference sundance or lady godiva, and the illustrations are straight out of highlights magazine. i love to climb in bed, pull on my hoodie, and read aloud - in a british accent, duh - some of my favorite selections.

currently, it's:

"she's married to a doting london banker with a genealogy that predates the magna carta. they're quite an item in the smart set."

right?

i laugh, you laugh, but deep down we all want a maroon velvet coat with shoulder pads and peterman knows it. he's got x-ray vision into my soul and doesn't care how much i make fun, because ultimately, i'll lock my doors, make sure no one's watching, then lay down my credit card. the picasso shirt? the secret thoughts coat? the harlow pants? i'm dizzy with options!

the idea of a new job (oh, where are thee) one day, where nobody knows me yet and i can recreate myself beforehand becomes an all-too-distracting daydream during my constant death march through craigslist. a daydream that includes homemade lunches, lipstick, shiny hair and a thomas jefferson shirt. oh, how they'll envy me.

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Amy,

    Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Director of Marketing for The J. Peterman Company. In my daily trolling on the internet I stumbled across your blog, “Blue Jean Amy”. I wanted to send you a heartfelt thank you for your kind words regarding The J. Peterman Company. I hear that same sentiment you've expressed time and time again.

    We’ve recently launched a blog site, Peterman’s Eye, whose main commission is to build a community of curious minds. It’s roughly 6 months old and is growing daily. No product, just John’s voice on topics, past, present and future. When you have some time you should hop over, join a discussion - I think it's right up your alley. I would love to know what you think.

    http://www.petermanseye.com

    Cheers,

    Jonathan Sexton | Director of Marketing
    The J. Peterman Company
    http://jpeterman.com
    e: jsexton@jpeterman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jonathan,

    thanks for checking out my blog and taking the time to comment on my post. i'm glad you enjoyed it!

    i'll definitely check out the peterman's eye site and keep you posted on what my thoughts. i believe i saw a recent thread about mystery novels, so it may indeed be right up my alley...

    thanks again and have a great weekend,

    amy

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.