Friday, April 16, 2010

Is there a fast forward button

For the next few weeks? I sort of don't want to live through them.

(Very, very, very) luckily, Clay's new job is paying for our move. Which means we'll have strangers packing up all our stuff. If this weren't happening, I'd...jump in the bay. I have a lot less to do than in a regular move, but I still have a ton to do. And it's not like before, when I'd be busy and tired and overwhelmed, but could be crabby or mopey and collapse when it was all over.

Now I have to ty and remain cheerful and calm for my Harps, keep it steady and stable so the move doesn't throw her for a total loop. This staying happy and wholesome all day long is probably the most challenging part of motherhood for me. Sometimes I just want to yell. Loud. Or hide under the covers for an hour or two and sob it out. (And then stay under for a few days' sleep.)

But now I've got a little girl I love so huge and I want to keep her daily life as peaceful as possible. So I find other ways to let out the frustration (cookie binges long walks) and remind myself how one day all this moving stress will be behind us and I'll miss those squishy two-month cheeks.

1 comment:

  1. I do not envy you this task, at all, but I wish you the best of luck for all of this mass undertaking! I can't wait to see the new place.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.