Sunday, April 04, 2010

Oh, HI

Turns out, our sweet little baby -- who usually only cries a few minutes each day -- is VERY MAD AT US for taking her on a big trip. It's not that she wasn't good -- no, great -- while we traveled. She was a total champ on both plane rides, barely made a peep during the many, many car rides we took, and cuted it up for all her relatives.

HOWEVER.

Bedtime brought massive tears and screams. Like, you hauled my ass all over the world, I put on a good face for all those strangers but NO MORE, evil parents! Once she got her ya-ya's out, she'd sleep great. But then demon screams would reappear at the next bedtime. And now that we're home, she is completely over it. Like, if I fall asleep, I may wake up in another home or state or country. So I will NOT FALL ASLEEP. Or STOP CRYING.

(I admit she finally fell asleep. Four hours into trying. I'm frantically bouncing her with my foot as I type.)

And while I'm tired and cranky and feeling frustrated, I mostly feel guilty and my heart's a little crumbly because...we did this to her. Our sweet little scone is crabby solely because we pushed it too far. Parenting fail 101!

This isn't to say that Texas wasn't a good time. We got to see a lot of people we haven't seen in a long time, ate some really great food (barbecue! Sonic! real biscuits! sweet tea! catfish! cupcakes! I gained 300 lbs!), enjoyed the insanely beautiful spring weather, and bonded our little family of three even more.

But I just want my buttery biscuit back to normal. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. Texas can make anybody cranky. I know; I'm Texan born and raised. I'm happy to hear she's back to her happy normal self now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy 5s's. Cuz shhh'ing is the shizzznit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I BOW TO YOU, DR. KARP.

    I KISS YOUR FEET.

    XOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.