Thursday, April 08, 2010

WNBA perhaps?


Compared to Grandad I might be sorta small still...

So today was Ms. Junebug's 2 month appointment. Can't say I was looking forward to it (needles in my baby's thighs!), but I was interested to see how big she'd gotten. I felt like she was large and in charge (my back and arms - her personal transport system - have been killing me lately), but it's hard to judge changes when you see someone everyday all day. Plus, mamas aren't exactly unbiased.

But yeah. I wasn't wrong.

The Little Tank That Could is 13 lbs 1 oz and 24 inches long. That's two feet, people. Even the doctor was all woh! The man actually put a gold star sticker on her growth chart with instructions to hang it on the fridge. I blushed. Yes, I'm five.

That puts our future Jolly Green Giant in the 96th percentile for both height and weight. Holy nuts! Sorry for the braggy pants, but so much of my energy goes to feeding that fiend; I can't help myself.

Okay, okay. Moving on, moving on.

The shots sucked of course. (Except that they didn't, really. Because I'm pro-vaccine! Blah blah soapbox blah!) But Dr. McSteamy gave her some yummy sugar water first (her face was all: THERE ARE OTHER FLAVORZ IN THIS WORLD WHA?!) and got them all done super quick. Harps screamed bloody murder, but calmed down once I could hold her for a bit.

Since getting home it's been another fussy day, but she's hanging in. (By a thread.) (As am I.)

Note to self: Traveling across time zones with a baby followed by stabbing baby's thighs with needles = BABY NO HAPPY PANTS.

But good God, she's freaking cute.

4 comments:

  1. Note to self: Traveling across time zones with a baby followed by stabbing baby's thighs with needles = BABY NO HAPPY PANTS


    I will remember this someday when I am a mama. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow 13lbs! hannah was 9lbs (3rd precentile) at her two month check up. she didn't handle the shots too well either, she was "ill" for three days. way to go harper, you're a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. harper and mama are so brave!

    she's adorbs, i can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jess So hard to see them sad, huh? And I'm pretty sure the 'percentiles' have nothing to do with us - good or bad! Harps must have inherited some tall gene - she's been this way since the womb!

    @mic Hurry up, June! It's time for you guys to meet :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.