Wednesday, April 16, 2008

born and raised


do you have a tune or two you listen to on repeated repeat and you really can't explain why? like it may be good and all, but not that good?

for me in the past year (year!) it's been stevie wonder's ebony eyes. what? don't get me wrong, the s-man is one of my all-time favs, but why this song? it wasn't a hit, it wasn't featured in some touching cinematic moment, it's not particularly life changing, and it's really kind of hokey. so why this song over and over and over and over and over wherever i walk and go and live?

i don't myself have ebony eyes, nor was i "born and raised on ghetto streets" - so i couldn't make it the theme song of my hit tv show. and i really can't think of another purpose for it. confusion!

so seriously - give me some examples of your own?

1 comment:

  1. for me it's "Teenage Dirtbag" by Wheatus. memba that?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.