Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Harps gets contacts

So Harpsmeister has been pretty cranky these past couple days. Not awful cranky, just...off. Normal good times and then just ah! Please hurry home from work, cc! I need to have 5 seconds off from negotiating with toddler person! (Over "one mo' *insert anything desirable but not appropriate for dinnertime-almost-bedtime*)...

I mean last night, we seriously had a real altercation over her wanting to play with eggs from the fridge. "EGG! EGG! EGG!" (All said with this weird guttural oomph she gives "egg" and "apple" and a bear growling.) Did she want me to cook her one, which I'd have done gladly? No. Just hold it and fondle it and break it and no. Ah! Go to bed! Stop asking for everything and really wanting nothing! We've been together for 13 hours ah!

(In her defense, she may be coming down with something. We'll know in the morning. As tonight we spotted some...spots. Oh my please no.)

But then, well...then she does stuff like this. Finds my contact case and pretends she's me. All remnants of frustration poof poof away. (Till tomorrow evening, alas...)

(And my apologies that cc makes me turn down the Huey Lewis. I mean....yeah. I know. Some people!)

9 comments:

  1. So, so funny. I like the way she squints just as she is about to lay the contact on the eyeball.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, she really has this skill all figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are sponges- hey, you put invisible things in your eye, I'll put them in MINE....haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the squinty ness and the look on her face!

    We just had hand foot and mouth (with the spots) and UGH. Not sure if its better than chicken pox or worse, but sick muffins suck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's crazy how our little ones can imitate adults exactly, like the eye-squinting to a T! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. IMHO not to be encouraged for safety reasons - but it was cute and very intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @RHM - thanks for the feedback

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a good idea either to let her see anyone take medicine - one of Joie's sons imitated her and took her medicine - luckly her father saw him do it and off to the hospital to have his stomach pumped.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.