Sunday, September 25, 2011

School days

Sunday blues anyone? Mine are a lot less severe now that I don't work anymore and cc doesn't hop on planes every Monday morning. But still...weekends are a nice time, ay? 

We walked to brunch on Saturday, spent a lot of time crunching newly yellow leaves outside, ate 12 million portions of the veggie lasagna I made, caught up on all the delish TV that started this week. Sunday: slept in (me) while my two got brek and did a Target run (he brought me home a bag of Pumpkin Spice Dunkin Donuts coffee and fresh beignets from Lucille's ah WHAT), and then all three adventured on a long bike ride around Wash Park... stopping to feed the ducks some goldfish-knockoff-bunnies and slide down the slide. (And crunch more leaves.) Wrapped up the evening playing with shaving cream on her little table and one...more...help...me...lasagna meal. Whew. 

Snapped a few pics of H sammich partaking in her new hobby. Obsessive lettering. (That's what I'm calling it because is it reading? No 'course not. It's...letter recognizing and reciting. She knows 'em all! But doesn't love 'em all. O and M get major play time. Also T.) 



An action shot! "E" coming out those little cute lips...

Ahahhaha. Her "ba-pa" that was for school. Now just for...casual Saturdays?


Another action shot with her puzzle pieces. "R!"

She crazy.

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm so glad I get to comment first. I don't even know what to say about those Vans. Love chez Love. And the whole series of photos - but seriously, how did she get so grown-up, so fast???? And where can I get that letter book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and how do you travel with HJ?, I've been debating whether front kid seat, back kid seat or trailer are best...do tell. Of course, no biking for me until 2012 but I do miss it and at least this will allow me to visualize the bike rides. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I hate the impending winter, I love the crunchy fall leaves. I'll go out of my way like a little kid to step in them.

    It's so so awesome to not have the Sunday blues anymore. I actually look forward to starting the week and having the house to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly why she loves the letter "T"...one more time Elmo...such a catchy tune. She looks so grown up with the back pack. Count me in...no more hating Sunday nights because I had to get up at 5:30 a.m. on Monday for school. Now I love every day the same, but maybe Fri nights the best. All male golfers go to football games, and I can play twilight golf and watch the sun set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LV: That book is AWESOME. Got it at the lib and quickly ordered it. Called Creature by Andrew Zuckerman. Think there's a couple versions, ours as an elephant on the cover. I also really recommend A is for Autumn by Robert Maass. Another beautiful photography book (of New York!) that got her into letters!

    As for bikes...We pull her in the trailer. I think it's a Burley? Two seater, tho we've never pulled two! I like it, but not sure I'd choose it for serious city riding because it's biggish and feels like less control. But the front/back seats give me the heeby jeebies for some reason! (Even tho that's how my brother and I were carted all over.) Just feels like a topple would be bad news... I'll take a pic of our set-up next time we're out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:47 AM

    so, the book with the "E" is called, "Creature by Andrew Zuckerman?" we are currently trying to teach hannah letters, colors, and numbers and that book looks super awesome.

    -jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOOOOOVE how you dress her. (Or what she is starting to want to wear??) (sorry - am a bit undereducated on the toddler timeline). She is such an adorable reflection of you (and your hubby). And I have noticed she always has on the cutest kicks! Basically I love how she has the Shiloh Jolie Pitt edge with all the girliness intact. I just have to meet her one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the typography! and i double love that HJC has a monogrammed LL Bean backpack -- so new england!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rockin' the monogrammed LLBean backpack. You can take the girl out of preppy New England but you can't take the preppy New England out of the girl. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @jess: Yep, called Creature (and it's by Andrew Zuckerman). It's on Amazon! I also really recommend "tangible" letters and numbers...like puzzle pieces or felt pieces that she can touch and flip around and stuff. :)

    @EVS: Oh, I love you for calling her a girly Shiloh. The best!

    @mic and EW: Heck ya! New England is in my blooooood. (And trying to make it in hers, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I love how she's wearing the backpack inside! She looks like such a little character :)

    Mm, donuts. Mm, lasagne. I'm so hungry now! I must know your trick for a giant lasagne that gives leftovers! The one time I made veggie lasagne it was tasty, but I swore never again because it used every pan in the house and was only enough for one night's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww love you guys! She is too cute. Getting very excited at the thought of you guys NOT being a plane ride away.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.