Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My pensive teen

I wonder if he'll call...

Along with books, tofu, pushing-her-stroller, the red monster, Huey Lewis dance parties, and climbing inappropriately high things, Harps is obsessed with jamming out to tunes in my car. In the front seat. While I drive super fast. (While it's parked.)

We walk past the Subie and she starts to ask for it and if it's not too hot out and if I'm in the mood, I'll open 'er up and start up the tunes. She sits and listens like so if it's a good one, or flips through until she finds one to her liking. If I let her, she'd keep this up for hours. May I ask when she turned 15?

In other news... GUYS my teevs finally snagged the episode of Family Ties where Tom Hanks guest stars as an alcoholic uncle jonesing so bad he has to chug a bottle of vanilla from the pantry. I saw this when I was 7 or 8 and have been intensely haunted by it ever since. And it is so intense and well acted holy woot! So what I'm trying to tell you, is a dream has come true for me tonight. Let's hug.

What else what else...

I think the hardest part about solo parenting is when night rolls around and I have no one to smooch all night. And by smooch I mean...run out to Dairy Queen and buy me a mini chocolate blizzard with cookie dough. I s'pose I'm supposed to make do with hot chocolate, but that just makes me frown.

So I'll be over here, wishing my hot chocolate had a huge dollop of Fluff on it, and looking embarrassingly forward to the start of music class fall sesh tomorrow. (What will be on the new CD???) Dorkpants out!

3 comments:

  1. That is really sweet. Have you heard of the sansa shaker (or something?) My niece had one three or four years ago and I want to get one for T, but I can't seem to pull the trigger. But, he loves to hold my cell phone when pandora plays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music hath powers to soothe the savage breast...or toddler....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie6:08 PM

    I love her.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.