Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What I like to do when I have nothing to do

Aside from shopping and eating and walking and swimming and pricking my finger a lot, I've mostly been taking it easy since arriving in Minneapolis. In the middle of the night on Friday, I got this super intense and insane and otherworldly charley horse - another fun pregnancy thing. It took about five minutes to stop, five minutes in which I thought I'd probably die and never get to drink another sugar free vanilla latte again. (My new "favorite" "dessert".)

But that wasn't the end of it. My leg was busted (from a charley horse huh??) until this morning; I literally had to hobble everywhere - like a maimed, knocked-up, sad clown.

Today, though, today! I woke up ready to roll. I walked to Peter's (my third visit already), ate a Reuben and fries (just a few, you worriers out there) then snagged a cab to the Walker Art Center. Because I love museums, but mostly because I REALLY LOVE sculpture gardens. Something about them just makes me giddy.

And today's tour did not disappoint. The Walker's gardens are huge, scenic - nestled in trees, with the cityscape behind it - with some great pieces. (Claes Oldenburg! George Segal! I love thee!) Plus, the sun was shining, the leaves were crunchy and musty beneath my feet, and I was alone for most of my wandering.

After I did up the outside, I saw some super odd conceptual stuff inside, shopped the shop, then decided to walk home? It was a hike, but I happened upon a coffee shop (for the local community college, obvs) halfway home and nommed on a peanut butter sammich before completing the journey.

All in all - a successful and arty and walky type day!

Some fotos bee-low (click on 'em to make 'em better):






4 comments:

  1. The cherry on the spoon? Now that's what I call art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't commented before, but I've been following your blog for awhile. But you should definitely check out the Holidazzle Parade. It starts the 27th and is Thurs-Sun until Dec 20 @ 630. And the Macy's display is beautiful every year as well. Take a horse drawn carriage ride down Nicollet Mall/Warehouse District/Boom Island beeeautiful, especially when all the Christmas lights are up. Mpls is my second home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that little gravestoney thingymajigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, so cute in your red coat! I've never been to Min, but it sounds like you're seeing all the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.