Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things I'm swooning over


These earrings!

Through a Twitters mention, I found this local jewelry maker. And then, after some website perusal, these kick ass (felt!) earrings. I’m not much for bedazzling my person, but something about these said YES to me.

Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me get one into my right earring hole. Perhaps because I got my ears pierced at 21, forget I even have them, and last wore earrings on my wedding day in 2008? But I will triumph, people.


THIS BOOK.

Jeebus gawd this book is incredible. (I was about to link to a 1981 New York Times article talking about just how awesome, but let’s be honest; no one would dig through the article to find the mention, right?)

I bought it last weekend at the Mystery Bookstore in Noe Valley, a treasure trove of all things good and pure and creepy. It came untouched, covered in a plastic sleeve, and the cover – the cover! I want to read this book in one sitting it’s so delicious, but I also want to slow way down so it’s never over.

And now! Red pen time.

1 comment:

  1. Those earrings are beautimous.

    Hooray for good books, they make the world go round. Ish.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.