Thursday, October 29, 2009

THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO WARN A PREGNANT LADY ABOUT

So I walk in the door from work. I'm hungry. I have a headache. I need to pee. The typical trinity.

Put on the kettle. Put on my sweatpants. Ponder snack ideas. Head to bathroom.

I do my thing. Flush. Start to wash hands. Happen to glance over at toilet and



?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

And then I died.

Oh wait, I'm still here!

Actually, I grabbed my nether regions and there wasn't a baby coming out. Which was very good.

But still. !?1?!?!?!!?1?1/1!/!/

And then I remembered they were planning some sort of plumbing check today in our building. So I ran to Clay's bathroom. Bowl was clear and clean. But then I flushed and

BLOODY BLOOD BLOOD HALLOWEEN MASSACRE 2009.

Do you THINK MAYBE they could have left us a friendly note under the door? Like

Hey!

All will look normal with your toilet until you flush for the first time. And then it'll look like you peed out your insides!

Love,

The Plumbers

Excuse me now, while I try and fish my heart out of my mouth.

5 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHH
    MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

    i saw this pop up in my little blogger thingy and i'm like

    DID AMY JUST BLOG A PICTURE OF A GROSS TOILET?

    of course you did.

    anyway I'M SORRY THE TOILET PEOPLE SCARED YOU!!!!!!!!

    xoxox
    PS i'm a litlte tipsy right now <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, yeah a warning I think is customary in these situations. I can only imagine what your preggo emotions were like in that moment. Ugh. So glad you and baby are ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. christie5:09 AM

    OMG!!! That is hysterical!!! But, not!! How could they do that to you??

    I'm so glad you didn't deliver in the toilet and then flush miss bebe. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh so scary!

    wait...does clay have his own bathroom? i like this set up very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @nik - you should write all your comments tipsy.

    @mic - yes, we have 2 bathrooms! it is dreamy. and in full disclosure, i use his sometimes, but he never uses mine. oops!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.